NethServer team has proudly announced the third alpha release of NethServer 7, and it is made for available for download and testing. For those who don't know about NethServer, It is an all-in-one Linux distribution based on CentOS. NethServer is single Linux distribution which is developed for small office and medium-size organizations, but of-course you can use it for any organization as long as you have sufficient hardware. NethServer can turn your system into a Mail, DHCP server, DNS server, Proxy server, WebServer, Groupware, Firewall, Web Filter, IPS/IDS, VPN and more in minutes. NethServer has a built-in web-based console, so that we can configure any NethServer modules with minimum effort.
This alpha release has come with Active Directory integration and a centralized account management and lot of updated packages, bug fixes, and new features. Here is what's new in this alpha release.
- Simplified user and administrative control in Active directory.
- Now it's possible to connect to remote openLDAP and Samba domain controller.
- Updated Samba 4.
- Now all users can automatically have valid mail address, for example [email protected]
- Can create custom mailboxes.
- Can associate custom mail boxes to custom mail alias.
- NethForge is enabled by default. For those who don't know about NethForge, It is a place where you can find modules built by Community.
- User management layer is replaced by SSSD.
- EPEL repository is enabled by default.
- And more yet to come.
- IPS (Snort)
- DNS and DHCP
- Bandwidth monitor (ntopng)
- Collectd with CGP
- MariaDB (MySQL)
- Webtop 4
- WebVirtMgr (KVM)
You can either download the NethServer ISO and install it on Virtual machine or physical machine.
Alternatively, you can install NethServer on top of existing CentOS server. We will post a guide about it soon.
The stable version of NethServer ISO can be downloaded from the following link.
Also, you can download and test NathServer alpha 3 from here.
Give it a try and feel free to post if you find a bug in the link given below.
For more details, check NethServer 7 alpha 3 release notes.