Curlew multimedia converter is a free and open source software for Linux. It is based on ffmpeg and mencoder.
- Easy simple user interface.
- Hide the advanced options with the ability to show them.
- Convert 100+ formats.
- Show file informations such as duration, remaining time, estimated size and progress value.
- Allow to skip or remove file during conversion.
- Preview output before conversion.
- Convert a specified portion of file.
- Add subtitle with video file.
- Show error details if exists.
Installation of Curlew multimedia converter
Fire up the Terminal by pressing CTRL+ALT+T and enter the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/multimedia
Update software sources list:
sudo apt-get update
Install Curlew multimedia converter:
sudo apt-get install curlew
Curlew Main Window:
In the Advanced tab you can set the Audio/Video bit rate, frame rate, frequency, codecs and subtitles etc.
Add a media file to be converted and select the desired Format in the Format drop down box and click Start Conversion in the menu bar.
Thats it. Enjoy!!